The music program at Melbourne Grammar School is located in multiple venues around the campus and includes, Wadhurst Music Wing, Choir room, Shelmerdine Studio for orchestral rehearsal and the Myer Music School among other spaces. A new music centre will be created on the corner of Bromby and Domain Streets and will include the Renovation of the existing Myer Music building, which dates from 1960 and was designed by Architects Mockridge Stahle & Mitchell and Bromby House a double storey residence dating from 1865.
Spaces within the refurbished building will include new practice rooms, music studios and a specialist recording lab. Conversion of the two storey residence as an integrated part of the future music centre will provide staff offices and tuition spaces, while a new link building will connect the existing Myer Music School and Bromby House into a single facility. This new building will provide a basement level for two large practice studios and instrument storage. The ground floor housed the new consolidated music center’s reception and related facilities along with a number of tuition rooms.