Olympic Park was constructed for the 1956 Melbourne Olympics as a warm-up track and soccer venue. The refurbishment project was completed in 1998 in time to host the first home game of the Melbourne Storm. The western grandstand was upgraded with new entertainment facilities, seating, corporate & club viewing rooms and a spectacular new 90 metre long graphic wall designed by Emery Vincent Design. The spectator terraces were upgraded and the main track resurfaced.
“Peter Elliott Architects have been appointed to assist… create an image of the Park that will see it transformed from a once grand but now aging facility to again be an integral part of Melbourne’s premier Sports & Entertainment Precinct”Melbourne & Olympic Parks Press Release,